Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lazy days

Well my weekend was one of the laziest I've had for a while. Spent Saturday at Ingleston stewarding at the Gundog breeds of Scotland champ show, and then on Sunday went as a "passenger " with Gillian and Anna to the N & E Papillon club champ show where I spent the day catching up with people and watching some of the judging. This show has two rings with the dogs and bitches being judged at the same time, though it does save time and we get to leave at a decent hour to head home it does make it a little more difficult to keep up with what is going on in both rings whether as a spectator or exhibitor. My daughter Angela drove across the M62 to spend the day with us and I bought her the promised lunch, well if you could call it that. We were so looking forward to the lovely Panini's that we have enjoyed the last two years, and what a disappointment it was this year. Angela's was just the warm side of cool and the chicken was slices of cold meat and not the lovely fresh cooked chicken of previous years. We will know next time to take our own packed lunch at least then it will be cool because it is supposed to be.

The pups continue to dominate my thoughts, so many people at the show commented on how well they are looking and could understand the dilemma of choosing one or two to stay with me. Well I have had a lady called Helen come and see the pups and at present she is next in line after me to have MacKenzie go and live at her home with her Papillon Monet, her son and daughter and of course her husband. I have had quite a few people enquire about the pups and I would just like to say the only puppy that is available to a new home is Ruairidh as I have decided that Ayla will definitely be staying with me or Angela, and if MacKenzie doesn't become what I am looking for he has his paw in Helen's hand already set to go, that will leave Betsy who will stay with me. But then ask Anna and she will tell you how often I change my mind these days, so watch this space. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally agree with your comments about the show.The venue is great, it's easy to find (once you have managed to navigate your way round THAT roundabout, but the catering leaves a bit to be desired.

Anonymous said...

I really like the pic of the wee pup, it looks sooooo cute