Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dundee Canine Club

Oh well off we went again, and this time to Dundee, left Ayrshire in glorious sunshine and met the low cloud and mist just past Stirling. An hour from the venue and Jean reminded me that she was first in the ring with Panda at 9.30am, OOPS I had only checked the ring we were in and as Papillons weren't in the ring till after Poms I had timed the journey to arrive about 9.30am. So rather than the saunter up the road I was looking for I was now an hour away from the venue with 45 minutes till judging started. Someone that I passed on the road mentioned me having a club foot!!! don't know what they meant by that at all. LOL Anyway suffice to say we arrived at the show at 9.25. Jean and Panda had plenty time to get sorted out as judging had been delayed by 15 mins. The sunshine must have followed us, within ten mins of arriving we were basking in the heat and the dogs took advantage of the shade provided by the tenting.
Panda won his class also taking Best of Breed, Anna and Ruben won in a very good class of Papillon pups, also winning AV Special Puppy. Marnie won the Papillon Jr and Flame got third in Post Grad. Papillon judge was Margaret Boulcott (Ingerdorm) and Group judge was Irene Robb (Gleniren). As time was pushing on and Jean had to be home to attend an 80th birthday party it was hit the road asap so Jean could get all dolled up for going straight back out for the night.
We had an extra passenger on the road to Dundee but did not come back with us. We had a homing pigeon into our Abbeyton Lofts from Aberdeen and we had arranged with the owner to keep it for a few days and then I would liberate it in Dundee from where he trains his pigeons.
And yes it really is a small world. Why? I took the pigeon from his basket and as arranged was letting him go at 10am as I let the pigeon go and voice from behind asked if I was single tossing (this is when pigeons are trained individually and not liberated in batches) I turned to see a lady with a very nice Border Terrier, I explained about the pigeon and she said what a shame I had already let it go as she came from Aberdeen and could have delivered it to it's owner. Turns out her husband is also a pigeon fancier and she like me spends a lot of time taking the pigeons out training.

1 comment:

Shelpek said...

Well done Panda & Ruben & all winners !!!